Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Choreo - Elements

My choreo session with Tammy on the 7:30 a.m. FS.  Nice ice, 4 skaters and 4 coaches.

I had a half hour to warm up so I did some stroking and slaloms, then worked on toe loop and some spins.

For today's session we started by listening to the new cut of my music that I got yesterday.  It's terrific!  A number of changes but now a much stronger ending and some real variety in the parts of the song that are included.  Yay!

We talked through the "story" of the program and agreed on a rough outline.

From there we worked on looking at what's in the "toolbox" and worked through most of them.  They include:

  • waltz-3
  • a little pattern of RFI3 - step forward - crossover - LFI swing roll
  • swing rolls in general
  • half flip
  • chaine' turns (from the Years program)
  • hockey glide/slalom also like I had in my Years program
  • half flip
  • the dreaded bunny hop - lunge
  • BXO with extension
  • spin w/arms on entry
  • 5-step mohawk or some variation thereon
All in all there's some stuff to work with -- I had never really thought about it before.  

I still need to find a prop!  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home