Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Toe Loop & Spins

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Okay ice, 6 skaters and 3 coaches.

I warmed up with stroking, slaloms, perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges, and circle-8.  It was a little rough at first as I'd not skated in over a week.  Yuck.

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- We continued to work these on the blue line.  Holly had me push the RFI edge for the RFI3 out to the side more to have more curve.  This was a really good improvement!  I'm still landing a lot of them on two feet, but did get a couple that were on one foot.  Still a little cheated but much better. Yay!
  • spins -- just a little time on these.  Still trying to get me to look up and pull up a bit more.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home