Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 23, 2019

Footwork & Toe Loop

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Nice ice and just 2 skater!

I warmed up with stroking and Bronze MIF  (except power-3s).  Circle-8 was really nice!

Today's lesson:

  • footwork -- I went over some of the footwork that Tammy wants in my dramatic program, especially the chaine' turns into the LFO swingroll - change edge - back roll to cross n' hold.  Eeep.  We worked through this a bit and it did actually improve.  I think I need to ask Tammy to put in a push or a crossover or something so I can have a little more speed through this.
  • toe loop -- we worked on keeping the gains I've made on bringing the R edge around and then getting me to actually jump from the toepick. Urph.  We did make some progress. It's that scooping sort of motion that I need to get once the feet are together.  Anyway I feel like we made a little progress, so yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home