Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 04, 2019

BI Edges & 8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

For today's lesson, we started with a debrief of the Sherwood Invitational figures competition, since I had not seen Danette since then.

After that we worked on BI edges for a bit, mostly on the first push.  It still needs to be more... authoritative.  Stronger.  And of course I need to bring the free foot in front, and for a little while not just a cursory amount of time.

After that we worked a bit on the BI8.  It's still weak and I'm not getting around.  Danette encouraged me to work on it and esp. to keep going vs. restarting when I don't make it around.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home