Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Back Edges & BI8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  5 skaters and 3 coaches; ice was kind of crusty (humidity is high).

I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

For today's lesson, we started by working on BO edges and specifically my body position on the BO edge, especially the LBO.  We worked holding the hockey stick, and then not, and also on the boards.  Wow.  Getting me to actually really turn into the circle (and STAY that way) is really rough for me.  AND looking into the circle, and holding the free foot in front and over the print, not off to the side.  Eeep.  Lots of work for that.  The RBO is much easier and better.

For the last few minutes we worked briefly on BI edges, and then the BI8.  In some ways this is much easier for me, but getting a good first push is still a challenge for me.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home