Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Light Program Runthrough & Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Okay ice and 3 skaters (me, Q and Addie).

I warmed up with stroking and slaloms and some other stuff.  Amusingly I had a "toepick!" moment when I started the slaloms -- had not fallen on something like that in a long time.  No worries, all good.

Today's lesson:

  • light program runthrough -- since Autumn Antics is rapidly approaching it seemed prudent to spend a little time on my Jenny program.  We ran it once with music and while it certainly wasn't perfect (salchow didn't happen) it was actually pretty good.  We'll work this every lesson.
  • salchow -- I actually did one of the nicest salchows I think I've ever done!  And then a couple more than were not quite as nice, but pretty good. So, we moved on.
  • toe loop -- back at this.  I think I'm overthinking this a bit.  It's still cheated.  I did a couple that were relatively okay, but the majority were not so good and a number of them were two-footed.  Oh well.
No lesson next week as I am off to Seattle for NWP Regionals.  Whee!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home