Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Backwards

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I warmed up with forward edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • BO/BI edges -- some work on posture; I tend to break at the waist when pushing off.  These were okay.
  • BO8 -- we worked to have a more aggressive initial push and to look into the circle (sound familiar?).  I'm pretty good about this on the RBO but no on the LBO.  Ugh.  Still having issues with posture and getting around.  Ugh.
  • BI8 -- these are pretty weak. I'm still widestepping the push, and I need to stand up straight.
I really miss that nice clean adult skate ice!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home