Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Light Program Runthroughs

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Okay ice, just me and Addie and Q and our coaches.  I warmed up with stroking (hadn't skated in a week, ugh) and then some spins and crossovers.

For today's lesson we warmed up my salchow and spins, then ran the light program once.  Mostly okay, but alas Holly felt obliged to point out I was leaving out the dreaded bunnyhop.  So we warmed it up a bit and ran the program again.  I managed to do okay - bunnyhop was okay, I did a great spin, but the salchow was just a disaster again.  Ugh. I have some mental thing going on here I need to get over.

 Less than 3 weeks 'til Autumn Antics!  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home