Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Competition Prep

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I skated a double session this morning, something I almost never do -- 7:30 - 9 a.m. (in to work late).  I warmed up with stroking, slaloms and spins, then walked through my dramatic program a bit.

I had asked Holly for extra time, so we had about a 50 minute lesson.   Whew!

We spent most of our time working through the dramatic program.  It's pretty rough, a combination of not enough practice and sometimes slightly vague memories of choreography.  Thank goodness I wrote it down in this blog!  We had enough time to work through some of my weak points -- especially, the cross and hold after the LFO/FI change of edge.  I wouldn't say it's comfortable, but I was in fact able to do it so that's something.  By the last run through I at least attempted everything, though I was not having a good salchow day.  Ugh.

We finished off by running the light program again (I did not do the bunnyhop, ugh) and then working on salchow some more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home