Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Competition Prep

My choreo session with Tammy on the 7:30 a.m FS at Chandler.  I had time to warmup jumps and spins and spent a little time on the harder elements for me.  Before we started I also showed Tammy the two shirts I'd considered and we agreed on the royal blue one, so costume is set.

Today we ran the dramatic program twice and worked a bunch of the pieces, and made some small refinements..

  • be sure to use both hands when carrying prop
  • Moved the spin more to the audience side of the rink so there's better ice coverage and just more space
  • Removed the RFI3 (or at least made it 'optional' lol) as it was just a bit too much.
All in all things went reasonably well, except that I'm still struggling with the salchow -- it was okay when I warmed up but in the program I had the same difficulties I had on Tuesday, I just rush the whole thing and my timing is all off and it just doesn't happen. Ugh.

Just over a week to go!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home