Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, November 03, 2019

2019 Autumn Antics Showcase Dramatic Program

I debuted my new "Days of Beauty" program at this year's Autumn Antics.

Coach Tammy was putting me on for this program.  I cut my timing a little close on getting on the practice ice as I had been running music (arrived at the rink at 6:30 a.m.).  Tammy asked me where my prop was... oops!  I had to run back to the locker room to get it :-).  I warmed up salchow and most parts of the footwork. It was only 11 a.m. and the practice ice was already pretty rough.. yuck.  As usual I had plenty of time to warmup.

I skated 3rd of 4.  I had turned my prop on beforehand, so when they called me out I skated out, placed my prop with the judges, and took my position...

In general it went okay.  I'm still having issues with the cross and hold (I just don't want to hold that crossed position!) but the opening footwork stuff went well.  Waltz jump was fine, and FXOs and back hockey glide were okay.  The spin was not so great but not a total failure.  I biffed the salchow though.  Grr.

The rest of it was fine, and I was skating faster than I had in practice so I had a little more time at the end, which was nice.

I placed 4th of 4.  I was happy with this as it's a new program.  I have the video and I'll post it soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home