Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Competition Prep

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Okay ice, just me, Q and Addy.

I warmed up with stroking and slaloms, did a spin, a waltz jump and a salchow.  Meh.

For today, we focused on final prep for Autumn Antics (this Sunday!).  We ran through the light program - I had an issue where I did a kind of bad bunnyhop and my prop fell out of my pocket and a piece fell off.  So I had to stop and grab it and put it back together.  Clearly I need to tape it or something so that even if I drop it in competition it won't do that.  Anyway, we restarted and it went really well!  I did all my elements (including the dreaded bunnyhop) and finished on time, so yay me!  There's of course some room for improvement in execution etc., but for today I was happy to just get through it all.

After some review etc. we ran the dramatic program.  This too went really well -- to be honest I was just glad to have remembered all the elements, lol.  But it went fine and I did manage to do an okay-ish salchow, so yay. 

All in all a good lesson and really glad to have things coming together.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home