Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, November 03, 2019

2019 Autumn Antics Showcase Light Program

I skated my "Jenny" light entertainment program at this year's Autumn Antics.

I had a full day of setup and running music, as well as skating my "Days of Beauty" program earlier.  Also by this point, the cold in the rink was starting to get to me (it was really cold!).  I finished my music shift and then changed into my costume and got ready.  I got on the practice ice and once again had plenty of time to warm up.  I warmed up salchow, spins, and waltz jump and ran some program chunks.  I made an executive decision :-) that I was not going to do the bunny hop.  I just was not feeling up to it.

Finally it was time.. they called me out and out I went!  As at PCAS in March I made sure to flip my hair when I got to my position and sure enough I heard a chuckle from one of the judges... good!

Music started and off I went. Everything went really well! I even landed the salchow, which made me really happy.  I was really pleased with how this went.

I placed 2nd of 2.  However, I did get nominated for the Earnhardt-Hughes skateoff, so that really made my day!  I did not get a video of this skate, however.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home