Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Footwork, Toe Loop, Spins

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with stroking.  The ice was not so great.  Just me, Q and Addy.

Today's lesson:

  • footwork -- we worked some more on the swing-roll/change of edge, and went on to doing serpentines down the line to work on the change of edge (FOI and FIO both).  Holly wants me to work on this more, with small lobes but a good push.
  • toe loop -- we worked on these down the line, as we had before.  Trying to send the RFI out to the side (more curve) and cross the line before picking in.  I had a couple of good ones (still cheated though).
  • spins -- just a few at the end.  Holly reminded me to lift that free side up.  Ugh.  No good ones for me today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home