Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I warmed up with forward edges and then scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- just a couple of minutes on these since I had not done them in warmup.   BO were pretty nice.  BI was better than it has been -- better pushes.
  • waltz-8 -- most of our time on these.  We started by working FO3s on the wall.  They are not consistent.  Ugh.  Then we went to my scribed circles and worked there.  Still need better control (better check) after the 3.  Danette had me work to be sure I'm not helicoptering my arms into the turn as it makes it much harder to control.  Also some work on the step forward.  Mostly the same issues -- on the L side I tend to be leaning forward on the RBO. The R side is better but I still need to turn another 40 degrees or so to stay on the circle.
All in all not too bad considering how long it's been since we worked on the waltz-8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home