Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

FO8, FI8, BO8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- We worked these on my scribed circles and also laid them out.  My posture still needs work on these, and I'm still not reliably getting around the circle.  I just don't know what to think about that.  
  • FI8 -- similar to FO8, worked on the scribed circles and a layout.  These are much better than FO8.
  • BO8 -- we just worked these on the scribed circles.  I still need to work more on standing up straight, especially on the RBO.  My posture is so much better on the LBO than the RBO!  On the LBO I stand up fairly straight and have good control.  On the RBO I tend to break at the waist and the free leg comes out into a "landing position" that really doesn't look like a good position.  And of course I still need to look into the circle and keep the free leg in front.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home