Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Spins & Toe Loop

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Okay ice, just the usual crazies present.

I warmed up with stroking, circle-8 and a spin.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- just a few minutes on these.  First one was not bad -- as usual subsequent ones were not as good.  Ugh.
  • toe loop -- Just meh.  We're still doing these on the line.  Holly wants me to bend the knee more after the turn but I'm having a hard time making that happen.  Urph.
We discussed the upcoming competition season.  I'm not going to do a free skate this year.  My 'Exorcist' free skate is kinda old and I'm just not in the mood for it.  I'm going to just do my two showcase programs.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home