Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 02, 2020

Push; B8s

My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I warmed up with edges and FO8/FI8.  Session wasn't that crowded but lots of moves and dance going on so I didn't scribe any circles.

Today's lesson:

  • push -- I related to Danette my thoughts on my lack of push and we played around with that a bit, pushing from the blue line forward.  It was about the same.  Next she had me push to a back flat... eep!  Hadn't done that before and it was weird; same push as for the BO edge.  At least it wasn't a totally wimpy push.
  • BO8 -- back to these.  A bit better -- I just need to remember to look inside the circle, especially on the LBO.  It makes a huge difference.
  • BI8 -- just a little time on these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home