Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

3s To Center & Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I warmed up with forward edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s to center -- we had not looked at these in a long, long time.  Danette held my hand to help me get back to center after the turn so I could work on the back choctaw for the next circle.  This was pretty rough and I don't have near enough flow but it was interesting to work on.
  • waltz-8 -- just a few minutes on these.  They were better than I expected, once I started holding that free foot in front on the first part of the BO edge.  Still pretty rough though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home