Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Swing Rolls & Program Work

My lesson with Holly on the 8 a.m. FS at Chandler (I got on at 8:15).  I warmed up with stroking and crossovers then did some bad salchows.

Today's lesson:

  • swing rolls  -- we worked on these for a while to get the one in the dramatic program to be better.  I think I was doing these with the wrong arms (we worked on this briefly last week?).  For the FO swingroll, I need to have the free arm forward at the beginning, then as you bend the knee swing the free leg forward and switch the arms so the skating arm is forward.  Hm.  This does seem to help.
  • program -- We ran it once and it was relatively okay, though it's still definitely a bit tentative.  Then we discussed interchanging the salchow and the waltz jump, and we ran it that way.  I like this a bit better as the salchow is a little anxiety-inducing and putting it earlier kind of makes the rest of the program less daunting.  So I think we'll keep it that way.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home