Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Dramatic Program Work

My lesson with Holly on the 8 a.m. FS at Gilbert (I started at 8:15).

I warmed up with stroking and crossovers, then a spin and some work on elements from the dramatic program.

Today's lesson:

  • footwork -- I told Holly I wanted to work on the footwork in my program as I feel it's too slow and tentative.  So, we worked first on the swingroll/change of edge into the cross and hold.  Cross and hold is still not really happening but we did improve the swingroll part so that it's a bit faster and more confident; Holly had me moving my free arm forward during the swing roll and then back on the change of edge, which helps.  Then we went on to work on the alternating FXOs after the waltz jump.  I realize every 10-year-old does these as their warmup but I'm still not comfy doing it at speed, especially with the arm movement (my inside coach says "if you did them in YOUR warmup they would improve, too!").  Some improvement.
  • runthrough -- after all that I ran the program at the end of the session.  I was a little behind (not sure why other than that my swingroll portion was too large/long) but overall it wasn't bad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home