Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Program Prep

My lesson with Holly on the 8 a.m. FS (I got on at 8:15).  Okay ice and just me, Q and Addy.

I warmed up with stroking and a waltz jump, spin and salchow.  I had my props for my programs.

For today's lesson we worked on my programs for this weekend's competition.  I told Holly I'd realized it would work okay to move the start point for my dramatic program from the center to the blue line since the judges are on that side and I'm usually crowding the other end of the rink in the first part of the program anyway. So we ran it that way and it was fine.  Then we ran the light program (I was wearing my practice shirt with the correct pocket) and that was fine.  Then we worked on some pieces and then ran each one again.

I'm feeling relatively ready. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home