Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Edges

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS.  We're not usually here on Thursday but there's hockey tomorrow.  So, it was a bit more crowded than I'm used to.

Today's lesson:
  • edges -- mostly working on posture.  It would be nice if I could start with good posture instead of starting with bad posture and having to fix it, every time.  Ugh.  We did forward and back edges, inside and out.
  • back edge drill -- we spent a bunch of time on this -- this is the drill on the boards.  Mostly we worked on getting me to get the free foot in front in a good position with the thighs together AND look where I'm going. Ugh.
I left right after my lesson as it was just too crowded for patch.  I'm really hopeful that after this semester I can find a way to get some patch time at lunchtime.  It's just really hard to work on patch in this environment -- the ice is crappy and too crowded :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home