Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 16, 2020

2020 MidWinter Warmup Showcase Light Program

I skated my 'Jenny (867-5309)' showcase light entertainment program at the Adult MidWinter Warmup Open Championship at the East West Ice Palace in lovely Artesia, CA, hosted by the Los Angeles Figure Skating Club.  This is a great adult-only competition and besides being well-run it's one of the most supportive and awesome environments in which to skate.

There were 4 competitors in my event (event #3) -- myself and 3 women.  I skated 3rd.  The warmup went okay -- I ran through all of my elements and felt reasonably good.

When it was my turn I skated out and took my position.  Things were going fine and I felt like I was doing well, until I got to the salchow.  I went in and something weird happened, and I fell in the middle of the salchow (you can check it out in the video!).  I'm not sure why.  I rarely fall anyway and this was, I think, only my 3rd fall in competition in 12 years of competing.  Anyway, I got back up and finished the program and it wasn't so bad.  I was kind of annoyed though!

I finished 3rd of 4 and got a medal for my efforts!

Here's the video!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home