Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 16, 2020

2020 MidWinter Warmup Showcase Dramatic Program

I skated my "Days of Beauty" showcase dramatic program at the MidWinter Warmup competition.  This was only my second outing for this program.

After skating my light program earlier, I had more than 4 hours so I took time to grab some food, relax and of course watch lots of great skating.

Finally it was time to get ready.  There were 6 people in my group (I was the only man).  I skated 5th.  The warmup was fine.  After my fall in my light program I was determined to do a good salchow, so I did a couple of them in the warmup.  The first was just okay, the second was pretty nice.

After warmup I had a lot of time to wait, but it went by fairly quickly.  Finally I went out to skate -- it went pretty well!  No falls, but my salchow STILL did not come off. Argh.  Very frustrating.  Other than that it was okay.

I wound up getting 6th of 6 for this skate.  No medal for me!  Oh well.

Here's the video:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home