Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Moves

My lesson with Holly on the 8 a.m. FS at Gilbert (I got on at 8:15).  Nice ice, just me, Addy, Q and Gene.

I warmed up with stroking and a spin.  I was kind of rusty as was sick last week and didn't skate.

 Since I have 2 lessons this week (making up for last week) I decided not to work on program stuff today.

Today's lesson:

  • FXOs-BXOs -- For not having done these in a long time, these were not actually that bad.  We spent some time working on my BXOs to try to un-scrape them, but without much success.
  • power-3s -- we actually made some progress on these!  Holly told me to think of bringing in the free leg after I push, before the turn.  So the cadence in my brain is "push - bring it in - turn - extend and push".  This really helped!  Yay!
Thursday we'll need to return to the program work and especially to work on the salchow.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home