Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 28, 2020

Edges & 8s

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  We had private ice!  I scribed some circles and then we started right away.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- not bad, really. The first two lobes of the BO edges were a bit too big so I had to make the 5th one small.  My first lobe of the BI edges has really improved so it's not so small as it was.  My LBI lobes were kinda shallow and too long though.
  • FO8 -- didn't quite make it around the circles on the R foot and I had some control issues on the last LBO, but otherwise okay.  
  • FI8 -- not bad
  • BO8 -- Danette had me hold the hockey stick.  Ugh. We are trying to fix a number of bad habits on these and it's getting better but there's a ways to go still.
  • BI8 -- Again, holding the hockey stick. Again, trying to get me to fix some bad habits as far as position of the free leg, looking where I'm going, and not rotating early.  Urp.
All in all we got a lot done!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home