Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 06, 2020

2020 PCAS Showcase Light Program

I skated my "Jenny" showcase light program at the 2020 Pacific Coast Adult Sectionals today.  This was my last time skating this program as I've had it for 2 years now. 

There were 3 skaters signed up for our group, but one withdrew so it was just myself and April C. -- I had skated with her in this event at MidWinter just 3 weeks ago.

We went out for our 4:00 warmup right after the 6:15ish ice cut, so once again it was kinda slick.  I was determined to fix my salchow issue from the dramatic, so after some brief review of the other elements in the program, I worked on the salchow.  I tried a couple that didn't work (same issue), and then was able to do a mediocre one and a better one, so I felt relieved.

I skated second (last) for this event.   When I went out I felt pretty good, although I sort of muffed the hair flip as I was getting in position so it was not as effective as it has been.  Dang!  I started off and things were going pretty well.  Amazingly enough I could hear the audience clapping along to the music!  I don't remember that happening before.

Alas, once again my salchow departed me and I did my weird thing.  So frustrating!  But at least I didn't fall this time.  I finished the program and got off the ice.

I finished 2nd of 2, so I left PCAS with two silver medals. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home