Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 06, 2020

PCAS 2020 Practice Ice

I arrive in San Francisco late Thursday night, and had to be up early for 7:45 a.m. practice ice.  Yerba Buena skating rink was a 10 minute walk from the hotel (yay!) so I had no problem being on time.

I got to the rink and got on the practice session, which was blissfully not very crowded at all (I think there were 10 of us).  I ran through the chunks of both programs and most things were fine.  It turns out that for this venue the judges were just to the left of the red line, so I could go with my original configurations of my programs just fine.

I spent some quality time on the salchow.  The first few were the same issue I've been having, but then I figured out my issue -- I'm not bringing my hands/arms in!  So I was trying to jump and my arms were just kind of flailing around.  Once I figured that out, I did a large number of salchows (6 or 8) that were all good.  YAY!  So I left the practice ice feeling pretty happy and relieved.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home