Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Edges, BO8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Ice was not too great, it's been raining so the rink was foggy. Uck.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- not bad.  Still working to get better posture, and working to have better control on the BO and BI edges.  My first lobe (and push) on the BI has improved though!
  • BO8 -- Flow is better on these, so that is good.  The LBO is weak, though, and Danette is still trying to get me to have better form AND look into the circle on the LBO and that's still very difficult for me. Uck.
The excitement for the day was a near-collision with Sophia (I was doing BO8 and she was doing some dance backward and we were approaching each other diagonally, I guess).  Danette yelled at me and Naomi at Sophia and we both stopped.  No harm, but a bit exasperating.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home