Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Perseverance

I once again skated the 6 p.m. FS at Chandler for free skating practice.

I worked mostly on moves -- I did some power 3s (I chickened out and did the left side only), a bit of 5-step mohawk and some time on circle-8.  These last were a bit better, but still not passable IMHO.

I spent the last 10 minutes or so on spins and jumps. Spins were about the same as Monday.  I did some waltz jumps and fell on the first one -- my first fall since I've been back.  Glad to have that out of the way! (I'm fine).  I also tried some salchows which were pretty bad.  I walked through the toe loop on the boards but chickened out trying it on the ice.

As I was getting off the ice I briefly got to see skate buddy Julia who was getting on.  Yay!  I miss seeing people.

Alas, it appears that Chandler will be going back to a more normal schedule next week -- no late freestyles.  On the positive side there will be an adult-only freestyle Tuesday-Thursday 11:45 - 12:45.  On the negative side it's $14 (for 60 minutes) -- less than this week's freestyles were ($12/30 min) but an increase from the pre-Covid rate of $12/hour.  FS rates are now $12/45 min or $14/hour.

The other negative is that they've raised the maximum occupancy per session to 20, which is what it was pre-Covid.  This seems not a good idea.  I told Danette I'm not skating any sessions where there are more than 10 people on the ice.  Fortunately the adult sessions are usually not that crowded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home