Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Moves

My lesson with Holly at Gilbert.  My first time in FS blades since 3/11. Eep!  So right now for Gilbert the principle is that you skate a session with your coach and some portion of her students.  Holly's assignment for this last week (it will be different next week) was 2-3:30.  So for today I was sharing the ice with Shelby and Jose.  Ice was pretty nice.

Shelby took first lesson and I was second, so I had a half hour to warm up.  Eeep!  I worked on moves but avoided any 3s, and no jumps or spins.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- eep.  Actually not that bad.  Unlike in warmup I stayed on pattern and had good speed.  Still not happy with my CW crossovers. Holly wants me to do two BXOs when I start the 2nd half so I'll have more speed.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- Meh. I am way up on my toe on the RBO.  LBO is better.
  • circle-8 -- kind of okay, but I'm still not getting around the RFO. Grrr.
I didn't stay longer after my lesson as I was already pretty tired.  I am out of shape!

In general I felt reasonably safe in this environment, there was nobody breathing on me and it seemed okay.  I'm told we'll have more people in the ice per session in the future, so we'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home