Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

10 Weeks

It's been 10 weeks to the day since my last time on the ice.  Today I made it back!

Rinks here reopened Monday on a very limited basis.  Chandler has freestyle time from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., ($12 per half-hour session -- no walkons), so I was able to skate the 7 p.m. freestyle and have the ice all to myself.

I skated in my patch blades since I am having a lesson with Danette in the morning -- my new time slot for now.  (in the era of Covid-19, everything is 'for now').

As I expected, the first 15 minutes were... interesting.   I took it VERY easy -- my only goal was to do all my edges.  I did manage that, though there are a lot of flats right now and posture is often horrible.  Still, I managed it and by the end of the session it was kind of okay.  Success!

I tried to skate in my mask (even though I had the ice to myself) but it just won't work. It's not a question of breath -- it's that my glasses are constantly fogged and I just can't see.  Oh well.

I'll have a half hour with Danette on Friday mornings, and it looks like I'll be skating with Holly on Saturday afternoons.  I will see if I can get more of these uncrowded session at Chandler in the weeks to come, since I'm working from home for the foreseeable future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home