Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 04, 2020

BO8 & Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Danette on the adult FS at Chandler.  I had the second lesson of the hour so I had plenty of time to warm up and scribe circles.  There were 10 people on the session so it felt really crowded to me and I wasn't too thrilled with that.  I warmed up with edges and FO8/FI8.

Today's lesson:

  • BO8 -- since I'd already done my F8s Danette wanted to start with BO8.  We worked a lot on the LBO side since I was having a lot of trouble controlling it.  I worked to hold the initial position (free leg in front, L arm back) longer and lean into the circle more.  Some success.
  • waltz-8 -- a lot of time on this.  Ugh!  I fell 3x on the 3 turn (I'm fine).  My LFO3s were eventually pretty nice, actually.  RFO3 not so much. 
Obviously there's a lot to work on, but it's coming back a bit better than I would have thought.  I'm going to be in this time slot for a while (whole summer, probably) so I'm going to try to get more time on patch than I was historically getting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home