Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 12, 2020

Moves & Spins

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert Adult Skate.  I had about 15 minutes to warmup, so I mostly did stroking and crossovers.  Ice was fresh but had some strange waves to it.  There were like 5 skaters at the start of the session and a couple more joined part way in, but it was pretty okay.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- I did a set of these and then we worked on the FXOs.  I always feel like I'm crowding the end of the rink at the end, so Holly had me straighten my first couple of lobes out so they weren't so diagonal.  That helped quite a bit.  I still need to bend into (and lean more on) the clockwise XOs though.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- these were actually pretty good!  I'm doing better at getting off my toe on the RBO.
  • spins -- I had only done a couple of these before today.  They were actually surprisingly good!  I did a much better job of hooking the spin.  I still tend to exit before I really need to, and I still need to work harder at staying over the L side, but in general I was pretty pleased.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home