Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 09, 2020

Edges & FO8

My lesson with Danette on the 11:45 a.m. adult freestyle at Chandler.  I had first lesson so no warmup.

Today's lesson:
  • pushing -- we took some time to work on just pushing and gliding on a flat down the line, with good posture.  My posture on the R is notably inferior to the L - I tend to crouch forward when I push. On the L I can make it about 3/4 across the short axis of the rink on one push, on the R only about half way.  Ugh.
  • Edges -- Not too bad. Lobe size on the BI edges is a lot more consistent now, so that's good.
  • FO8 -- Meh.  Still having issues with the LFO.  It's all posture; I'm not sitting firm on the edge, my upper body is too square and it pulls me off the edge and I can feel it go flat.  Yuck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home