Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 26, 2020

Moves & Spins

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I was okay but really crowded.  I warmed up with stroking and crossovers.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs  -- not bad, actually. Still need better extension, I think, and to lean more on that RFO edge when I'm on it.
  • power-3s -- actually not that bad.  I remembered "head and shoulders" and did a better job of keeping the shoulders down and head up.  Still need a longer entrance edge.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- okay.  I feel a bit slow, still, and Holly wants me to curve the lobes a bit more.
  • circle-8 -- a bit better, actually.  Holly held my hand to help get me to sit on the back of the blade from the beginning instead of being forward and fixing it.  Now, if I can just do that from the beginning...
  • spins -- these were actually, amazingly, pretty good!  Note to self is to not push too hard into it.  I'm doing a better job of bringing the free leg in and up and not chickening out so quickly.  Yay!
I left immediately after my lesson -- work, but also -- too many people.  And a couple going really fast.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home