Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 19, 2020

Moves

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  It was relatively crowded, much more than in the past -- I counted 9 skaters and 2 coaches.  Eeep.  We started a little late as they didn't start the (noon) ice cut until about 12:15 (when the session was supposed to start).  It was a quick cut.

I warmed up briefly with stroking and crossovers.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- just once through these to warm up.  More or less okay.
  • power-3s -- We spent quite a bit of time on these.  The RFO3s are still horrible.  Holly reminded me "head, shoulders knees and toes!" -- head up and shoulders down.  This does help a bit.  I feel like these were better 2 weeks ago though.  I'm not skating enough to really make progress right now though.
  • 5-step mohawk -- these are not actually THAT bad.  Holly asked me to push more into the boards on the 3rd (middle one).  The biggest reminder was to PUSH BACK into the 3rd step (BO edge).  Wow.  When I do this it really helps get me off my toe and on a better edge!
All in all a good lesson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home