Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Edges & FO8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 11:45 adult freestyle at Chandler.  I had first lesson, so no warmup and no scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- Mostly okay.  Danette had me do the FO edges again as my posture was not so good.  I'm having issues with my LFO edge skidding also.
  • FO8 -- most of our time on this, and especially the LFO.  We spent a lot of time working on getting a better, no-skidded edge.  I really am not sure what's going on here but I know it's all posture related.  Danette did take a moment to look at my blade in case there was an actual issue, but there doesn't appear to be.  
Not the greatest of lessons today.  The session was really crowded (12 people + 3 coaches) and I am not comfortable skating with that many people during a pandemic so I left right after my lesson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home