Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 03, 2020

Circle-8, Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I warmed up with stroking, crossovers and circle-8.

Today's lesson:
  • circle-8 -- since I was already doing these.  They were better today. Holly fixed one issue -- I was not moving my R hand forward for the LFI.  I had the L hand forward the whole time which made it hard to keep the rotation still on the 2nd half of the circle.  If I start out with the R hand forward then I can move it back at mid-circle and it moves my R shoulder back so I'm okay.  Yay!
  • waltz jump -- it took me a couple of tries to get a good one, but I did.  Nice landing.
  • salchow -- Mmph.  A lot of time on these.  I'm still rushing, I think.  I did a bunch that at least looked like a jump, but I'm jumping too late.  Grrr.
  • toe loop -- eep!  Had not looked at these in a while.  Some okay, some not, all cheated.  I'm still not letting my legs come together and around.  Ugh.
After my lesson I worked on spins for about 15 minutes.  Not as good as last week, unfortunately.  I know I was usually trying to hard and I wasn't getting my free leg to snap in like I was last week.  Uck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home