Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 17, 2020

Moves, Spins, Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate. I warmed up with stroking and crossovers.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter stroking -- we worked mostly on the CW FXO to get a better crossover.  We made some progress but I really need to work more on these on my own time.
  • spins -- About the same.  I'm really pleased that (knock wood) I seem to be holding on to the progress I've made.  I did several that were pretty good, and even the worst ones were still better, I think, than a few months ago. Holly wants to start working on a simple sitspin.  Not so sure about that.
  • jumps -- I did a couple of waltz jumps to warm up, then one salchow that was, actually, amazingly good.  So we moved on to toe loop.  Eeep.  I fell on these twice, both times after the 3.  Not sure what was going on.  Oh well!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home