Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 07, 2020

Spins & Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  We started late so I had a shorter lesson than usual.

Nice ice, 8 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking and some moves.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- first one not so great, but they were better afterward.
  • perimeter XOs -- okay.
  • power-3s -- okay.  Some of my RFO3s were okay and others not so good, so, lacking in consistency.  I need to remember to bring that free knee in/up on the turn so it doesn't look so swingy.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- Holly wants the lobes to be curvier, so that means pushing out straighter (parallel to long axis of rink) and letting it curve around more. I think this is more on the RBO than the LBO.  It will also help my pattern be a little better (it's not bad though).
  • circle-8 -- still not getting around the circle on these.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home