Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 14, 2020

Spins & Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I had a brief warmup, mostly stroking.


Today's lesson:

  • spins -- about the same.  While I can't say I get a good one every time, it does seem like I'm getting more good ones than bad, for sure.  Definitely need to spend a little time on these every lesson no matter what.  I was pretty happy with them.
  • 5-step mohawk -- actually not bad.  I'm doing a better job on that push-back on the 3rd step.  I had to work a bit on getting the FI to curve around, and Holly said I need to work more on pointing my toe on the 5th step.
  • perimeter XOs -- only ran these once.  FXOs were a muddle because 3 people got in my way, ugh.  BXOs were pretty nice.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- pretty nice, actually.  I thought I had good speed and Holly said my lobes were nicely formed.
  • circle-8 -- meh. Just a couple of minutes on these.  Holly wants to work next week on just pushing.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home