Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Back Edges & FO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I warmed up with forward edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • Back edges -- BO were really nice!  BI... we took some time to work on improving my push, especially not wide-stepping it and getting that heel pushed out on the R foot.  Some good improvements.
  • FO8 -- mmph.  I actually made it around, so that's a step up.  I really need to work harder at getting a good edge -- even if my posture is not ideal, if I get a good edge I'm usually okay.
After my lesson I worked on FI8, which was not so great.  Ugh. They used to be so easy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home