Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 21, 2020

Spins & Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Nice ice, 8 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- My first one was 4 revs!  It was really good.  Did a couple more good ones and then they started to get worse, so we moved on.
  • perimeter XOs -- these were really good!  I was really happy with them.  The only improvement I would make is I think I'm on two feet a little much on the FXOs.
  • power-3s -- improving.  I still need to hold the entrance edge of the 3 more, but the 3s themselves are better.  Bringing the free knee in on the turn makes it less swingy and more controlled -- and it looks better too.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- again, really nice!  I was NOT on my toes on the RBO!  I had good speed.  I was really happy with these.
  • circle-8 -- STILL struggling with these -- really, just on the R foot.  Urph.  Not getting around either of the R foot circles, L foot is okay.
  •  5-step mohawk -- meh.  Holly said these were her least favorite today.  That said, they are still better than they were, but really scratchy.  I need to really get down in my knees, esp. on the 3rd step.

All in all a great lesson!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home