Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 28, 2020

5-Step Mohawk, Spins, Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I warmed up with stroking and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- we didn't get to work on these much last week so... we did.  Working to do better on the 3rd, 4th and 5th step -- in particular it helps if I remember to hold the free shoulder back on the step forward (4th step) -- duh!  I have that issue everywhere.  So, really bend the knees and push into the BO edge to get a better flow and get me off the toepick, then really hold it around and into the 4th step.  Holly also said she wanted the 3rd step a bit longer.
  • spins -- in a first, these were just okay, then improved!  Then they got worse -- I think I got a little tired.  At the beginning I didn't really feel the 'hook' so they were not so good, then I got it.  So yay!
  • waltz jump -- just a couple.  Actually not bad.
  • salchow -- meh.  It does help when I remember to really hold the free shoulder/arm back after the turn.  Not so great though.

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home