Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 04, 2020

Circle-8 & Spins

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate. A bit crowded today :-(.  I warmed up with stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- So we worked on this quite a bit.  Holly doesn't think the problem is my push or my flow, she's mostly concerned that my R foot circle is too big.  She had me skate it and then outlined my circle in marker.  The R foot circle is indeed waaay too big.  So she had me try to do a smaller circle and I was able to almost make it around.  So the lesson from this to me is I need to take my scribe to my freestyle practice and use it to work on these so I can adjust my circle size.  I still think I need a better push though.
  • spins -- just a few minutes on these.  I got some decent ones.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home