Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Bronze Moves & Spins, Again

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate, in our new time slot.  Good ice (kinda hard today) and 7 skaters.  I warmed up stroking and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- working on these starting with the LFO.  Much better.  I made it allllmost all the way around "close enough" on the R foot.  I need to practice these but I think this will work.
  • 5-step-mohawk -- did these twice.  They were much better, actually.  I just need to remember to really sweep back on the BO edge.
  • power-3s -- actually not that bad.  We did them a couple of times, the second time Holly reminded me to bring the free knee in on the turn and that really helps.  The turn is still too early but I'm doing a better job of holding the exit.  Not quite happy with the step forward on the R side though.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- we did these a couple of times also.  Holly really wants me to push the lobes to the center/boards (make them bigger).  I was pretty happy with these.
  • spins -- just  a few minutes on these.  Windup is nicer but I still need to let the edge come around a bit more.  I need to be patient and chill with this.  I finished with what may be the best spin I've ever done, 5 revs and it was pretty well centered.  YAY!
We had a brief conversation about testing.  I think we'll probably go ahead and do it although I don't expect to pass the first time.  I think my nerves will be pretty bad so I might do it just to get that out of the way so I can take it again and presumably/hopefully pass.  It's been 5 years since I took it last and that's way too long.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home