Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 25, 2020

Bronze Moves & Spins

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, 8 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • Perimeter XOs -- actually, pretty good!  I had good speed and in general I was really pleased, and Holly was too.  I may need to make the lobes a little narrower as I am running out of rink!
  • power-3s -- meh.  I had a momentary loss of balance on the first one on the R side so that threw me off a bit, though the last one on that side was okay. L side was mostly okay.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- we did these a couple of times as Holly wanted me to get the lobes deeper/larger.  I was pretty happy with these.
  • circle-8 -- still having issues on the RFO.  I tried starting with the LFO first and I can actually make it around okay that way, though I still am not happy with my flow.  I'm going to work on starting with the LFO and probably stick with that. If I am reading the form correctly I can start on either foot.
  • 5-step mohawk -- not so great.  I did these a couple of times and while the 2nd time was definitely better, it was still rougher than it has been.  Bleah.
  • spins -- the last 4 minutes or so.  The first few were just so-so -- trying to hard.  The last one was really good though!
The is my last Friday lesson for a while.  Due to a schedule change at work I'm going to have to move my lesson to Wednesdays starting next week.  Unfortunately this also probably means I will drop from a nominal 4 days of skating a week to 3, unless I can get a bit more motivated :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home