Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 24, 2020

F8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Nice ice, 6 skaters.

I had first lesson so no warmup and no scribed circles.  I'd not skated patch for 2 weeks so... things were approximate.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- meh. FO edges I had some issues with keeping a good edge, esp. on the L side.  FI edges were okay. BO edges were also okay.  BI edges... we worked a bit on the initial push. I'm still kind of wide-stepping it and I still need to get the heel out more -- the initial lobe is too small.
  • FO8 -- a lot of time on this -- still having issues on the LFO where I'm leaning out the circle, especially when I rotate the arms.  It improved a bit.  Really need to work to keep the shoulder back and lean into the circle more, and of course sit back on the edge more.
  • FI8 -- just a few minutes on these.  Not too bad although some issues on the RFI.
After my lesson I stayed another 15 minutes to work on BO8 a bit.  I'm getting around the RBO okay (!) but need a better push and more control on the LBO.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home